Step Up to Online Safety
Useful information for parents/carers can be found on www.staffordshirecares.info (“Here to Help You Every Step of the Way”) and in particular the Step Up to Online Safety section.
O2 and NSPCC online safety helpline
0808 800 5002
Some issues are easier to talk through. So O2 and the NSPCC have set up a free helpline to help parents keep children safe online.
You can get advice from NSPCC experts on anything your not sure about, including:
- setting up parental controls on your computer and other devices
- Adjusting privacy settings
- Understanding social networks
- Concerns about online gaming
- E-safety Policy
- Social Media Policy
Links to lots of leaflets and information regarding online safety
Online safety Information
- www.internetmatters.org Internet Matters is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, to help parents keep their children safe online. A particularly helpful link is the step-by-step guide to setting parental controls: www.internetmatters.org/controls/interactive-guide/
- www.saferinternet.org.uk/news/pokemon-go-gaming-gone-mobile Pokémon Go – Explore the opportunities for a Safer On Line Experience
Information about setting parental controls
- Vodafone Digital Parenting Controls Infographic
- Vodafone Digital Parenting Toddler Infographic
Government website – www.educateagainsthate.com – Practical advice and information on protecting children from extremism and radicalisation.
Staffordshire County Council are a lead partner in a child sexual exploitation information campaign (March 2016). This website has a wealth of useful and practical information, advice and support to help parents understand the signs and know what to do in cases of child sexual exploitation.