PE and Sport Premium
Sport – Our Vision
All pupils will leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Please see our School Sport area for examples of physical activity and sport at Henry Chadwick.
PE and Sport Premium Funding
In April 2013, the Government introduced the ‘School Sports Premium’ which is designed to help primary schools to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities that they offer their pupils. In total, over £450 million of funding has been set aside to be used over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016. Funding is allocated to each primary school based on the size of the school.
Purpose of the funding
Schools must spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits